Bird Observer Volunteer Job Opening
Where to Go Birding Editor
Bird Observer has an opening for a Where to Go Birding Editor. The position requires generating—not writing— six articles per year that highlight a wide range of places to bird in New England, particularly Massachusetts. The editor must know and be able to network with a lot of birders in our region.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Solicit and schedule articles about where to go birding throughout Massachusetts and New England.
- Work with authors to get their articles ready for editing and publication.
- Be the liaison between authors and Bird Observer’s mapmaker to generate site and trail maps.
- Communicate with authors as often as it takes so that they meet their deadlines.
This is a job that requires excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
If you are interested or have questions, please contact Marsha Salett at email@example.com.
Mass Audubon Birders Survey
Mass Audubon invites birders to take a brief survey designed to help us collect information on:
- The different types of birding activities they engage in.
- Their familiarity with environmental issues affecting local and global bird populations.
- Their understanding of the impacts associated with these conservation issues.
- Their familiarity and engagement with conservation actions that can help mediate these impacts.
Here is the link for taking the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZHCD3HX.
What we learn from the survey responses, collected throughout spring and summer of 2017, will help us develop educational materials that build on birders familiarity with conservation issues, and that are relevant to birders current levels of engagement with certain conservation actions. By taking this survey, you will help us to develop materials that will be effective and applicable to fellow birders.
Statewide Education Projects Manager
Massachusetts Audubon Society
208 South Great Road
Lincoln, MA 01773